Apple and Samsung, the two names that may sound familiar to most consumer gadgets, are two of the most dominant players in the smartphone market.
According to the analyst and managing director at Canaccord Genuity T Michael Walkley quoted from Cnet, the first quarter of 2013 Apple earned 57 percent of global profits in the mobile phone industry, while the remaining 43 percent were arrested Samsung. Duopoly Apple and Samsung is expected to continue in 2014. Next year, the research institute Gartner estimates there will be 2.5 billion computing devices shipped. As many as 75 percent of whom are mobile phones.
Although Samsung dominate the Android market continues to grow, Gartner projected that Apple will grab 14 percent share of the overall types of devices, including iPhone, iPad, and popular MacBook laptop.
Profit sharing between players in the mobile industry from 2007 to 2012 as mapped Asymco
Microsoft is trying to compete in the mobile market is predicted to gain share of 15 percent for all types of Windows-based devices, especially of conventional PCs and laptops.
Operating system-based device sales Apple (iOS) and Android is predicted to rise 17 percent in 2014. While Windows is expected to grow 10 percent. As mentioned BlackBerry will decline 10 percent.
Apple and Samsung, respectively using different strategies to reach the top position in the mobile industry. Samsung flooding the market with many new products are released with a shorter time interval. While the full Apple ecosystem that controls the hardware and software devices prefer long intervals between new-product releases.
Similarity between the two is to have momentum, a large advertising budget, and a strong image in the eyes of consumers.